Congrats to me. I am still going strong at 11 months! Breastfeeding Elijah is one of the true joys of my life and I am happy I have made it this far. Sure there have been trials:
1. Going back to work in December when he was 12 weeks with him refusing to take a bottle
2. Getting an Upper GI done in February-no BF’ing for 8 hours. I thought I would die, I was too tired to pump and then having to pour all that milk down the drain when I did pump.
3. Getting my gallbladder and umbilical hernia removed in March-no BF’ing for 24 hours, no holding the baby for a week. Yeah right, I held him the next day and tore internal sutures three times, also too tired to pump, I was passed out for like 12 hours and did cry when I did pump because I managed to make 9 oz which was the most I have ever gotten at the time. I made my husband pour it out, I couldnt.
4. Almost causing a divorce due to complete lack of interest in my husband. We worked things out.
5. Low supply at 6 months, 8 months, and now. I am eating more milk cookies by the ton, drinking water and Mothers Milk tea, and am about to start a great new item called More Milk capsules.
It all worked out. Thats always my motto. Everything works out eventually. So I celebrate each month we have made it with a nursing holiday. A whole day of just us. I let Elijah eat as often as he wants and we just lay around and play. Also, added bonus, it keeps my supply boosted!
So here I am. One month before my golden boobies award. I had planned on going 6 months, then I said a year. Now I am thinking two years. Who knows? Well Elijah knows because I am going to let him choose.
What obstacles have you had to overcome? Have you reached a new breastfeeding milestone?