Parmesan Roasted Broccoli Recipe
Author: Generations of Savings
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 2 16 oz bags frozen broccoli or fresh sliced florets
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest (optional: I didnt use it because Big E accidently threw it away and it still tasted great)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ⅓ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves (best if they are fresh but I used dried)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the broccoli florets on a sheet pan in a single layer. Drizzle broccoli with 4-5 tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle with the garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, until crisp-tender and the tips of some of the florets are browned.
- Remove the broccoli from the oven and immediately toss with 1½ tablespoons olive oil, the lemon zest, lemon juice, Parmesan, and basil. Serve piping hot.