Dinner time has always been a chore in my house. I love to cook and I love knowing that my family is eating healthy but sometimes its just so hard to have something on the table every single night. Some nights I just want something easy and quick but I do not want my boys to get bored with the same old recipes all the time. My husband hates going out to eat so I have been trying to recreate some of his favorite eating out dishes at home. One of them is chicken teriyaki. However, I did not want to have to spend all night in the kitchen so I asked around for a quick and easy chicken teriyaki recipe.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast strips (I asked the butcher to cut mine into long strips instead of buying the more expensive kind that was already cut)
- ⅓ cup teriyaki sauce
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 1-2 cups frozen broccoli florets (I used 2 because I didnt add any other veggies)
- 1 cup frozen carrots
- 1 cup red peppers or stir-fry peppers/onions mix
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1.5 cups water
- Add chicken and oil to nonstick skillet and cook for around 7 min on medium-high heat. Make sure chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Add water, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, and garlic powder to chicken. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Add vegetables and rice. Cover. Cook on low heat 3-5 min and fluff mixture around. Cover again and cook for 3-5 more minutes. Remove from heat.
- My grandmother told me that I should save the soy sauce and a tbsp of water for the 3rd step to add in to make sure rice does not get too dry. I did not try that but I wanted to add it just in case someone else wanted to.
I was able to make this great recipe in less than 30 minutes. My family really liked it. My toddler especially liked the chicken and he ate the big chunks that weren't in perfect strips. I used Minute Rice because they have an awesome selection of great rice that takes no time at all to cook. I chose the Brown Rice to go with my Chicken Teriyaki because I like Whole Grain Brown Rice better than white rice. So if you are looking for a great meal to make and you dont want to spend a lot of money or time, try this one and let me know how your family likes it!!!
Minute® Rice is so quick and easy to prepare and is great pantry staple. When meal time seems like a hassle, Minute® Rice is a go-to ingredient your whole family will love and allows you to have more quality time doing what your want with your loved ones.
Leftover rotisserie chicken or veggies from a meal earlier in the week? Minute® Rice can easily be paired with some of your leftover ingredients to make a quick, easy and wholesome meal your whole family will love in just a matter of minutes.
Visit http://www.minuterice.com/ to create a great main meal or side dish for your next family get-together or potluck.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Rice.