I will be the first to admit that I am terrible at taking care of myself. As long as the kids are bathed and have clean clothes and I can make sure that my husband never wears a navy blue shirt with black dress pants, I am doing pretty well. I don’t even get to take actual showers very often. They are more like wash as quick as you can before a child, cat, or husband needs you. I love to have pamper days though and my husband tries to let me. It is so expensive to go to the beauty salon and get a facial though. So when I was asked to review some great Olay products I am pretty sure my skin cried out in glee.
Not only did I get a really cool vanity which has a permanent place in my computer room so I can let the kids play while I work but I also got a cool vanity so that I can look at myself while working and fantasize about how I could look if I had a make up artist that lived with me. They also sent me some awesome products to review. Treating yourself to a micro-facial has never been easier, with Olay Fresh Effects products! I did one as soon as I got all the products out and had a long shower for some mommy time. I felt amazing after my micro-facial!
- Va-Va-Vivid!- Powered Contour Cleansing System: I love this brush! It really gets the dirt out and makes your skin feel amazing!
- Shine, Shine Go Away!- Shine Minimizing Cleanser: I usually have trouble with facial cleansers but this one is mild and doesnt hurt my skin. It worked great on even a super made up face from when I was in a wedding and my makeup artist (it was his wedding) piled on the makeup so that everyone looked great in pictures hours and hours after the event.
- Bead Me Up!- Exfoliating Cleanser: I love the little beads in this cleanser. It doesn’t feel gritty, it just feels like its working harder than normal soap. I like how you can feel it against your skin. You can literally see it lifting away dirty from your skin.
- S’Wipe Out!- Refreshing Make-up Removal Cloths: Every woman needs these in her household. I always forget to take off my makeup especially if I am only wearing mascara. I rarely wear makeup but a good friend (make up artist) told me that if I didn’t do anything else I should wear mascara and lip gloss. They are quick and easy to apply so I do (I have see through lashes). However when you forget to take off mascara and then rub your eyes, you risk losing a ton of lashes or rubbing it all over. These make up removal clothes will even gently remove waterproof mascara.
- Long Live Moisture!- Satin Finish Lotion: I have to say that I do not like the smell of this lotion. It feels great on my skin but it has a slight slight smell that I just cant get used to. My husband couldn’t smell it on my skin so it is probably just me. However, it does make your skin feel amazing and soft. It is a great idea to put lotion on your face to keep it moisturized. It is a mixture of gel and lotion so it kinda has an interesting feel especially on your hands. I love the silky smoothness of it after I put it on the first time and rubbed my hands together.
- BB Cream!- Skin Perfecting Tinted Moisturizer with Sunscreen: This was hands down my favorite product. I am super pale and I need all the tint I can get sometimes. I burn in the car driving so its awesome to be able to have a moisturizer that has SUNSCREEN! And it is tinted. I mean, what else could a girl ask for? It is SPF 15 so it is perfect for someone like me who rarely goes outside and who just needs some extra protection from the big bad sun.
“Which of the Olay Fresh Effects products is your favorite and how does it fit into your daily beauty routine?”
- The new Olay Fresh Effects products will leave your skin feeling fresh and rejuvenated:
“The Olay Fresh Effects product, information, and two gift packs have been provided by Olay.”