Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Bush Brothers. All opinions are my own. I am participating in a #SoapBoxInflunce Project by @KendalKingGroup.
I recently attended a Naked Lady party and I had to bring a couple of dishes. If you want to see what happened at the party you should check out my post on the event which was sponsored. I chose to use Bush’s Hummus Made Easy for the dishes I made. I have made hummus before and while it did not take forever it was certainly not as easy as it was using the Hummus Made Easy packets. Can of beans (or chickpeas) plus a packet and voila! Hummus! I decided to take it one step farther and make muffins! I made some yummy carrot-banana nut muffins I will share the recipe for later but my favorite were the Spicy Hummus Muffins. So I wanted to share the very easy recipe with everyone! If you are not ready to make it now, you can pin it for later.
1/2 cup spicy hummus made with Bush’s Hummus Made Easy Red Pepper Hummus
1/2 cup milk
3 large eggs
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a large bowl, mix together the milk, eggs, and hummus in a bowl. Whip until it is smooth.
Mix together the flours, baking powder, chili powder, salt, and cheddar cheese. Make sure the mixture is very well mixed so that cheese will be evenly distributed.Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ones and stir. Batter should be wet but not soupy.
- ½ cup spicy hummus made with Bush's Hummus Made Easy Red Pepper Hummus
- ½ cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the milk, eggs, and hummus in a bowl. Whip until it is smooth.
- Mix together the flours, baking powder, chili powder, salt, and cheddar cheese. Make sure the mixture is very well mixed so that cheese will be evenly distributed.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ones and stir. Batter should be wet but not soupy.
- Pour mix into well sprayed muffin tin. It should yield about 10 muffins. I doubled mine for the party and managed to get 21.
- Bake at 400 for 30 minutes or until muffins are golden brown.
Some people at the Naked Lady party said to try the Spicy Hummus Muffins dipped into the Southwest Black Bean Hummus (also made with Bush’s Hummus Made Easy).
Plus you can use any leftover hummus for platters for events!