The coupons for product redemption, information, and gift card have been provided by Arnold® Bread so that I could try the product and share information about the “2016 America’s Better Sandwich” Contest and my thoughts and information about Arnold®. The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions of Arnold® Bread.”
I love sandwiches. I go every week to get sandwich meat from my local grocery store and bread. I get my husband special jalapeno cheese for his sandwiches and my kids all like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. So we go through a lot of bread in my house. I was recently sent several Arnold Bread coupons to try out some new sandwich recipes on my blog. All of Arnold® Whole Grains Sliced Breads and Arnold® Sandwich Thins® Rolls contain 2 to 5 grams of fiber per slice or thin, have zero grams of trans fat, no high fructose corn syrup and are a cholesterol free food. Arnold® bread varieties are also made with 100% whole grains. So they are healthy and delicious. And they have a great Facebook page with recipes and product information you can check out!
So I decided to switch things up on my husband and make him a new kind of sandwich. A turkey bacon Swiss on honey wheat with sun dried tomatoes. I knew he was going to love it. I even got out my panini press to toast it for him.
You just add turkey, bacon, swiss, and lettuce on honey wheat and cover one side of it with sun dried tomato paste. Then you toast it. I used honey mustard on mine and it was also super delicious. The bread was crispy and warm and delicious just like I expect from Arnold.
Right now, you can also enter your favorite sandwich recipe in the Arnold® Bread “2016 America’s Better Sandwich” Contest! The sandwich architect whose filling matches the goodness of Arnold® Bread will win a grand prize of $25,000. Here is some more information about the contest:
This year’s contest includes five (5) exciting sandwich categories including:
• “Open-Faced Artistry” (sandwiches are works of art for the world to see, and these snacks and meals should announce their nutritious ingredients—like bright beets or tasty tuna— sans second slice);
• “Breakfast in Bread” (these sandwiches, featuring nutrient rich breakfast favorites like eggs and yogurt, invoke images of cozy mornings in bed or boisterous brunches with friends);
• “Creative Classics” (nutritious spins on sandwich creations that have stood the test of time, such as grandma’s club sandwich, BLT or other old-time favorites);
• “Fueling Good” (these sandwiches should incorporate ingredients that help boost your energy such as healthful fats, protein, fiber and iron)
• “State Favorites” (whether it’s a well-known sandwich in the state you reside, or a must-have local dish that can transition into a sandwich, celebrate your state pride by re-creating these state favorites with better-for-you ingredients)
• The recipe in each sandwich category with the highest score will receive a $5,000 category prize.
• Entries will be accepted June 15th – August 21st, online consumer voting will take place September 26th – October 23rd, and the winners will be announced on National Sandwich Day- November 3rd.
• Arnold® bread will donate one (1) loaf of bread (up to 100,000 loaves) to Feeding America for each valid entry submission during the entry period and vote received during the online voting phase of the “2016 America’s Better Sandwich” Contest
• More information on the “2016 America’s Better Sandwich” Contest Official Rules and Donation Program terms and conditions can be found HERE.
ENTER TO WIN!
One of my US readers will win 6 coupons, each valid for $5.00 off the purchase of any Arnold® Whole Grain Sliced Bread of choice, 6 coupons, each valid for $4.00 off the purchase of any Arnold® Sandwich Thins® Rolls of choice and a $25 Visa gift card to use towards ingredients for their favorite sandwiches! This giveaway will last until 10 pm CST on 7/27.