I know I told everyone about getting to see inside Walt Disney's office which was so lovely. I also got to take a trip to the Disney Archives! There were honestly just so many things to see there. I couldn't believe it. There were TONS of books. We got to talk with one of the people that work at the Archives and he excitedly told us about everything they had and how they change it up sometimes. Right now its more of the space and technology adventures like Tomorrowland and Bicentennial Man. We even got to see the very first Disney ticket and the very first Disney Shanghai ticket.
The whole place is quite a bit smaller than I would have expected. I thought it would be a really huge like auditorium place or something. It was small and nice and cold. They even had an authentic desk.
You could see things that were sale at Epcot, props from movies, Disney books, things Walt Disney had collected, and more. Old newspaper articles about Disney, old awards, and even the buttons that used to be worn by the staff.
I even got to hold an Oscar that Walt Disney won!
— Kat Balog (GoS) (@genofsavings) May 19, 2017
The original idea for the Pirates of the Caribbean ride was a wax museum but it continued to grow until it has become the amazing Pirates of the Caribbean ride of today. Can you believe that? We got to go on the Pirates ride and visit Disneyland on our trip and it was awesome! It has a roller coaster part moving you through the water, moving animatronics, music, smoke effects, fire, wind, even a small splash part! It was longer than I expected as well.
You wind around and go inside a house type place with Pirates of the Caribbean on the awning. I got to sit with my friends Cori and Becky and I got to spend the rest of the day with them as well. We had such a blast.
I brought my Funko pop Captain Jack Sparrow with me on the ride. I wanted to share some scenes from the ride. It was dark so my recording didn't show but it was very fun. The pirates song was singing lightly giving it a creepy air but then it would come upon different scenes where the animatronics would be acting out a certain spot from the movies or from pirate lore like talking about gold or rum. Or it would have Captain Jack hiding from the law. Even the iconic pirates trying to get the key from the dog scene.
There is a cool legacy trailer that shows how all the Pirate stuff ties into each other. You should watch it.
After that we explored the park for awhile. We ate at the Hungry Bear restaurant which was good.
We caught a few rides like Haunted Mansion and the Mater ride. We also saw a really cute parade where all the floats squirt water at you. It was needed after a long hot day let me tell you!
We ended the night with World of Color. It was so beautiful that I cried. I have never seen anything so magical. I wish I could attach all the videos I took to this post. Honestly everyone should see it.
SUMMER OF HEROES!
Just in time for summer Disneyland Resort and Disney California Adventure Park is launching it’s Summer of Heroes starting Saturday, May 27th. Heroes from the “Guardians of the Galaxy” film, some appearing for the first time in a Disney park, also come alongside the Avengers for all-new, epic adventures during Summer of Heroes. Beginning May 27, guests will live these exciting stories as they encounter some favorite Super Heroes together for the first time. Here are some highlights:
In Disney California Adventure:
Guests will enjoy some of the Super Hero experiences year-round:
- SuperHeroEncounters: For the first time, citizens of Terra (Earth) will come face-to- face with Groot. They also may encounter the First Avenger, Captain America, and everyone’s favorite web slinger, the friendly, neighborhood Spider-Man.
- “GuardiansoftheGalaxy:AwesomeDanceOff!”: Star-Lord fires up his old-school boom box to get a party started. Everyone, including tree-of-few-words Groot, is bound to get in the groove and show off their moves during this awesome rock ‘n’ roll bash.
Summer of Heroes:
- “AvengersTrainingInitiative”: Black Widow and Hawkeye assemble young recruits for a series of tests to see if they have what it takes to join the ranks of the Avengers.
- Heroic Encounter: Black Widow: Black Widow arrives on the scene several times throughout the day in an armored Avengers vehicle for her heroic encounter with park guests.
- Grab a Piece (or Bite) of the Action: Special themed merchandise, plus food and beverage items, will be available throughout Hollywood Land.
In addition, the popular “PixarPlayParade,” presenting the colorful and exciting worlds of the Disney•Pixar pals from “Toy Story,” “Monsters, Inc.” “Finding Nemo,” “Cars” and others, has returned to Disney California Adventure with daily performances full of fun and surprising movement and effects.
And PrincessElena, the adventurous heroine of the Disney Channel series “Elena of Avalor” and the first Disney Princess inspired by diverse Latin American cultures will greet her fans in the patio of Paradise Garden Grill.
Along with the Main Street Electrical Parade, some classic guest favorites have been enhanced and are set to return in Summer 2017. Dates will be available soon at Disneyland.com.
- The summer months offer a last chance to view the lights, music and fun of the beloved Main Street Electrical Nightly performances through Aug. 20 feature favorites like Cinderella’s ball, Elliot, the smoke-breathing, tail-waggin “Pete’s Dragon” and the glittering “To Honor America” finale.
- The popular nighttime spectacular “Fantasmic!” is set to re-open this summer on the Rivers of America, enhanced with new scenes and Guests will find Mickey Mouse in more scenes than ever before, and they’ll discover new roles for Genie from “Aladdin” along with characters from “Tangled,” “The Lion King” and “Pirates of the Caribbean.”
- As work continues on a new Star Wars-themed land, set to open in 2019, the iconic Disneyland Railroad is preparing to return this summer to take guests on a tour of the They’ll enjoy a new look along the Rivers of America, with a spectacular new vista of a waterfall, rocky cliffs and a dramatic gorge below.
- Also returning this summer are the Rivers of America attractions: the Mark Twain Riverboat, Sailing Ship Columbia, Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes and Pirate’s Lair on Tom Sawyer Island.
- In Tomorrowland, Star Wars and Disney fans will step into out-of-this-galaxy experiences at Star Wars Launch Bay, meeting some Star Wars characters and getting an up-close look at replica props and models from Star Wars movies, including the latest “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. ”